Scrub – 2: (Lemon with Sugar)
This combination will act as a natural scrub that exfoliates the underarms to clear dead cells and also used especially for those who sweat excessively. Here lemon has skin lightening and bleaching property and sugar exfoliate the skin to remove darkness under the arms.
This process is useful for those who got dark underarms due to excessive sweat and shaving.
Steps to be followed…
- Add enough of sugar (brown or granulated) and fresh lemon juice in a bowl.
- Stir well and apply it on the armpits thoroughly.
- Let it sit for about 8 – 10 minutes and wet your fingers to rub the underarms gently.
- Do the scrub for few minutes and rinse off with water.
- Dry the skin and apply moisturizer.
- Regularly follow the same exfoliation for once in 2 days to get rid dark underarms.
- Alternatively, mix 1 tablespoon each of olive oil, sea salt and honey, 3 drops of fresh lemon juice in 1/4 cup of sugar. Stir well and apply on the wet armpits. Gently massage for 3 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
- Or else, mix rice flour and lemon juice to make a thick paste. Apply it on the armpits and leave for 5 minutes. Scrub your armpits gently with your wet fingers for few minutes and rinse off to achieve sure shot results.
Scrub – 3: (Orange Peel Powder)
Orange peel is another natural scrub for treating dark underarms due to its natural bleaching and lightening properties. Rosewater helps to remove the oil, dust, and dead cells and milk has lactic acid that moisturizes the area.
This process also acts as a natural deodorant that removes dead cells, lightens the skin with boosting some fragrance to prevent body odor.
Steps to be followed…
- Dry the peel of the orange and grind the dried peels into a powder.
- Then add enough of rosewater and milk in 2 teaspoons of a powdered orange peel.
- Stir well to make a thick paste and apply it to your dark underarms.
- Scrub it gently for few minutes and wait for 15 minutes.
- After that, wash the area with cold water and pat dry.
- Continue doing the same process for 3 times a week till you whiten your underarms.
Tips and Precautions:
- In certain cases, dark underarms can also be caused due to many health problems like obesity, Addison’s disease, pituitary gland disorders, hypothyroidism, over usage of oral contraceptives, diabetes, etc. so, consult your doctor to diagnose and then go for a treatment.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes which cause friction and makes your skin unable to breathe and the sweat gets trapped inside the body which gives rise to bacteria and darkens armpits. Always wear clothes that are loose enough to provide air flow.
- Avoid using hair removal creams instead use waxing to remove dead cells and hair under the arms. Also, better opt for natural deodorants rather than harmful cosmetic deodorants.
- Always use natural exfoliates for at least once in a month with ingredients like sugar, orange peel or walnut powder to remove dead skin and whiten the armpits.
- All you need to do is to follow them regularly with some patience to reduce that dark coloration of underarms and to wear your loved outfits or strapless tops.
- Avoid using oral contraceptives and also maintain a healthy weight to balance your hormonal levels which in turn results in the darkness of your armpits.