Do you feel embarrassed to wear a sleeveless top? Shaving, deodorants, proper ventilation, excessive sweating, hormonal imbalance, accumulation of dead skin and sun exposure are some of the reasons behind dark underarms. Fortunately, there is no need to suffer with dark underarms any longer.
There are many underarm lightening methods that help to get rid of this problem but don’t fall prey to commercial lightening lotions or gels. The chemicals present in it will do more harm than just removing the dark pigmentation. You can always rely on home remedies which are safe and most effective in removing dark underarms once and for all.
Is Baking Soda Effective For Dark Underarms?
Baking soda is one of the versatile products available in our house. It is a mixture of sodium and pH neutralizer. Here are few properties on how baking soda can help to reduce dark discoloration under arms.
- It exfoliates dead skin, removes damaged skin cells and promotes production of new cells.
- Its natural skin lightening properties reduce the production of melamine (reason behind the discoloration of the skin) and provides whiter and shinier finish.
- It has an amazing characteristic of absorbing oil and unclogging the pores.
- It acts as natural deodorant and help to prevent bad odor.
- The pH present in it neutralizes the alkaline nature of the skin.
And that’s how baking soda can reduce dark discoloration underarms without costing you a fortune.
Scrub – 1: (Baking Soda with Coconut Oil)
Baking soda is an excellent scrub that effectively exfoliates to remove dead and damaged cells, bacteria (or germs) which in turn unclogs the skin pores to lighten up your dark armpits. Coconut oil has antibacterial that prevents germs causing body odor and vitamin E in oil helps to nourish and moisture the skin.
This combinational process acts as a natural deodorant that prevents body odor. So, you can easily avoid using your regular deodorants or antiperspirants.
Steps to be followed…
- Add enough of baking soda and organic coconut oil in a bowl.
- Stir well to make it a thick paste.
- Apply it on your underarms and scrub it gently for few minutes in circular motions.
- Let it sit for another 5 – 10 minutes and rinse off thoroughly.
- Dry your armpits to get rid of dead, rough skin and to get clean and soft armpits.
- Repeat it regularly to get rid of dark underarms.
- Or follow the process before going to bath to get quick relief from dark armpits.
- Or else, use organic apple cider vinegar or raw honey or fresh lemon juice instead of coconut oil in the above process.
- Alternatively, mix enough of baking soda and water (or rosewater) to make a thick paste. Apply it on the armpits and scrub it gently for few minutes and rinse off.