What are Blackheads ?
Blackheads are small black skin projections often found on the face especially on the nose and sometimes on the back. These black projections form a plug blocking the sebaceous glands of the skin. They are caused due to excessive production of ‘sebum’ ( an oily substance) from the sebaceous gland that slowly gets hardened when they mix with dead skin and bacteria. The sebum gets exposed to oxygen from the air and gets oxidized and turns black.
- Hormonal changes
- Unclean skin
Natural Ways to Clear Blackheads On Nose:
Follow these simple, natural ways to clean the pores and remove blackheads using easily available ingredients at home.
1. Egg White Mask:
You can use the white portion of an egg to create a mask for tightening your pores. You will not just have the answer to how to get rid of blackheads on nose, but you can prevent future outbreaks as well. the white portion is good for your skin as well as it is rich in nutrients.
- A single egg.
- A clean towel.
- A small bowl.
- Some toilet paper or facial tissue.
How To Do:
- Separate yolk from the eggs white portion.
- Rinse your face.
- Pat your face to make it dry.
- Apply the egg white on your skin. The layer should be thin.
- Keep the toilet paper or facial tissue on the white portion and press this gently on your face.
- Keep it for sometime so that the layer can dry.
- Now apply a second layer over the paper or tissue. The tissue or paper shouldn’t slide.
- Give it more time so that this layer can dry as well.
- You can apply a third layer too – this is optional.
- Your face will feel tight when your mask is dry.
- Peel off the mask. Get rid of any residue.
- Pat dry. Apply some moisturizer.
2. Milk and Honey:
Honey and milk are both good for your skin. There are antibacterial properties in honey. And the lactic acid of milk can keep your skin supple and soft. However, when you are mixing these two, what you will get is an adhesive that can answer your question.
- Organic raw honey – one tablespoon.
- Milk – one teaspoon.
- One cotton strip.
How To Do:
- Pour milk over your raw honey and mix thoroughly.
- Heat this for five to ten minutes in your microwave.
- Now mix again. It should blend well.
- Apply the paste over your blockheads. The layer should be thin.
- Pat some cotton over it gently.
- Allow this to dry. It is best to wait for 20 minutes at least.
- Now peel this strip away carefully.
- Rinse using cold water.
- Apply a moisturizer.