3. Lemon essential oil for dandruff:
This citrus smelling essential oil holds way more benefits than you can ever imagine. And one of those benefits includes fighting the scalp fungus and reducing the impact of dandruff. Lemon contains biochemicals that can reduce the effect of the fungus on your scalp drastically. And the acidic nature of lemon helps maintain the pH balance of your scalp.
How to use lemon essential oil for dandruff:
- The simplest and the best way to use lemon essential oil for dandruff is to blend it with a carrier oil like olive or jojoba and massage it on your scalp.
- Leave it on for an hour or overnight and shampoo normally. The oil helps you gain your shine back as well.
- Alternatively, you could use freshly squeezed lemon juice diluted in half a glass of water directly on your scalp to fight dandruff.
Note: The oil of lemon is known to show quick results for the treatment of dandruff, however, one must be careful about its overuse because it contains agents that can bleach the natural color of your hair. Also, never step out in the sun after the application of this oil. It will only cause more damage and burn your skin.
4. Lavender essential oil for dandruff:
The essential oil of lavender can literally heal almost all skin ailments. However, to reap best benefits you need to know the causes behind the problem and the right technique of using the oil. And an added bonus is it’s relaxing and soothing aroma that instantly uplifts mood and calms your nerves down.
How to use lavender essential oil for dandruff:
- Lavender oil is ideal for the ones who suffer from dandruff due to the dry and itchy scalp.
- The oil is a gentle moisturizer and helps in locking moisture within the locks.
- This helps in reducing the impact of dandruff on the scalp. Also, lavender oil is a potent anti fungal agent.
- Its application on the scalp fights the fungus that leads to dandruff.
5. Peppermint essential oil for dandruff:
There are many benefits of the peppermint essential oil. It is used to cure headaches and migraines naturally. It has antiseptic effects on the body and the scalp. The oil is ideal for those who suffer from itch due to dandruff.
How to use peppermint essential oil for dandruff:
- To use the oil for peppermint for dandruff, mix it with a carrier oil and massage it on the scalp.
- It helps in removing the flakes, improves blood circulation, thus, removing the dead skin cells and reduces, itching and redness. It is also ideal for anyone with seborrheic dermatitis.
6. Chamomile essential oil for dandruff:
Used popularly in aromatherapy, the essential oil of chamomile is another best oil for the treatment of dandruff. It can be consumed in the form of tea or applied topically to fight the fungus. The oil has properties that help in reducing inflammation, redness, irritation and itchiness. You can read more about the many uses and benefits of chamomile oil here.
How to use chamomile essential oil for dandruff:
- It is super easy to use chamomile essential oil for dandruff.
- Just mix a few drops in a carrier oil, massage it on your scalp and leave it overnight.
- Wash your hair normally with shampoo and condition them.