A muffin-top or Love Handles are the cute overhanging fat that spills over the waistline of pants or skirts.
The thick layers of side stomach fat known as “muffin-top” is also referred to as love handles or “spare tire”.
Easy and Effective Muffin-Top Workouts:
These 8 exercises target the core, tone the muffin-top, and work your abs from all angles.
1. Superman Exercise:
- To start, lie and face down on the floor or an exercise (Yoga) mat.
- Extend your arms fully over your head and next to your ears.
- Simultaneously contract your glutes and raise your arms, legs, and chest off of the floor.
- Hold the top position for 1 to 2 seconds.
- Then Slowly lower your arms, legs and chest back down to the starting position while inhaling.
- Repeat 10 to 12 times.
2. Side Plank With Tuck:
- Lie on your left side with your legs straight. Prop yourself up with your right forearm so your body forms a diagonal line.
- Lift hips in the air, forming a straight line from your ankles to your shoulders and brace your core.
- While keeping your torso stable, raise your top leg. Without changing the angle of your body, bring your top knee toward your chest.
- Pause for 1 to 2 seconds and then return to the starting position.
- Do 10-12 repetitions before switching and repeating on the other side.