An anti-aging face cream you can use every day doesn’t have to be a synthetic chemical science project. In fact, the most effective and truly anti-aging remedies happen to be nature’s most simple and pure ingredients. Mix up this homemade anti-aging face cream and you’ll soften fine lines and moisturize skin, revealing a fresher and younger you.
Almond oil is an emollient, which means it makes the skin softer. It has historically been used to treat psoriasis, eczema, and scarring. It soothes and rejuvenates skin and improves complexion and skin tone.
In one study, virgin coconut oil had the strongest scavenging effect on free radicals and the highest antioxidant activity. In another study, the antioxidant activity of virgin coconut oil was found to result in an increase of antioxidants and self-healing compounds of the body, resulting in rapid formation of cells and blood vessels in harmed areas. These studies are significant in that they indicate coconut oil’s antioxidant capacity and antioxidants are known to have considerable anti-aging effects.
Beeswax and shea butter both hold anti-inflammatory properties, vitamin E provides a boost of antioxidant power, and essential oils provide a pleasant aroma, which may offer therapeutic benefits as well.
Homemade Anti-Aging Face Cream
Makes about ½ cup (lasts about 3 months)
- ¼ cup almond oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons beeswax
- ½ teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 1 tablespoon shea butter
- Essential oils of choice (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a glass jar. Bring a pot filled about 3-4 inches with water to a simmer.
- Put the jar, without its lid, in the pot, and let it sit there until the ingredients have melted.
- Stir occasionally. Once the mixture has melted and all is evenly combined, pour it into a small glass jar.
- Let it sit at room temperature until the cream hardens, close the jar’s lid, and store in a cool place.
- Apply morning and night after washing.