What is Hair Loss?
Hair fall is a common thing in daily life. Scientists estimate that about 50-100 strands of hair fall on a daily basis.
This problem is often a hint for possible health problems and its effects on self-esteem is undeniable.
Home Remedies for Hair Loss:
Below are top 20 natural home remedies for hair loss which have been practised for ages and most of them are research-based.
1. Coconut Oil:
Perhaps coconut oil is one of the most popular natural home remedies for hair loss. It is a highly recommended ingredient whenever it comes to the improvement of hair. There is a great number of lauric and fatty acids in the content of coconut oil. These acids are beneficial for the prevention of breakage in the hair roots and strands. In addition, this natural hair loss treatment has positive impacts on the flow of blood, which strengthens your scalp as well.
- You can prepare warm coconut oil first and apply a bit over your scalp and hair.
- Massage them for several minutes and repeat the process after 60 minutes.
Coconut oil is safe for everyone and does not cause any allergy. It can be even used as a shampoo on a daily basis.
2. Licorice Root:
Licorice root possesses mollifying qualities, which means that it can make pores opened and relieve irritations over your scalp. Thus, it is also one of the best natural home remedies for hair loss. You might also make use of it if you suffer from dry flake.
- First, you need to prepare the mixture of ground licorice root (about one tablespoon) and saffron (a quarter of a tablespoon).
- Then, apply the mixture over the hair and scalp before you go to bed every night.
- In the next morning, take water to rinse your hair.
3. Olive Oil:
Olive oil might be more available in many households than coconut oil because it is a popular addition in cooking. Luckily, olive oil is one of the most effective home remedies to prevent hair loss. Containing much vitamin E and antioxidants, olive oil can improve your scalp and even grow your hair faster. Its mono-unsaturated fatty acids are important to keep the scalp and hair clean. Olive oil should be used when it is warm only.
- Besides, you can combine olive oil and coconut oil at the same time to maximize the benefits.
- Apply the oil over the scalp and hair and massage them tenderly.
- After 30 minutes, take water and shampoo to rinse them.