As we grow old, our skin starts to show signs of aging. It starts losing its natural elasticity, which leads to sagging. Sagging of skin is a natural process and is irreversible, but it can be reduced and delayed. Often, people opt for cosmetic surgeries that are very costly and have side effects. Fortunately, there are some home remedies to tighten skin. They are simple and easy and also work effectively to reduce wrinkles and fine lines.
What Causes The Skin To Become Loose And Saggy?
Sagging skin is one of the main signs of aging and is most prominently seen on the face. Wrinkles and furrows are the first signs you see as you age. Slowly, your skin starts to sag from your cheeks, nose, chin, neck, arms, and other places on your body. The main causes of this are as follows:
With age, the collagen synthesis in the skin becomes slower, causing the skin to lose its elasticity and sag.
The connective tissue in the skin that supports various cartilages and bones weakens with age.
The fat that was once evenly distributed beneath the skin and holding it up starts to lose volume and forms clumps. These clumps begin to sag due to gravity.
Rapid weight loss and pregnancy can also cause sagging skin.
Home Remedies For Skin Tightening:
1. Egg White:
- Whisk one to two egg whites until you get a foamy texture.
- Apply it to the face and neck. Leave it on for about 20 minutes and then rinse it off with cool water.
- Another options is to add one tablespoon of plain yogurt to one egg white and whisk it.
- Apply the mixture to your face and neck and leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes before rinsing it off.
- You can use either of these remedies twice a week to enjoy firm, radiant skin.
- Grind half a cucumber and squeeze it through a strainer to extract its juice.
- Apply this juice on your face and leave it on until it dries. Rinse it off with cool water. Follow this remedy once daily.
- You can also combine one tablespoon each of grated cucumber and plain yogurt.
- Apply the mixture on your face and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat several times a week.
You can also make a face mask with two tablespoons of fresh cucumber juice, one egg white and three to five drops of vitamin E oil.
- Apply this mask on your face and neck, leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash it off with cool water. Use this mask once a week.
3. Papaya For Skin Tightening:
- A few pieces of ripe papaya
- 1-2 tablespoons rice flour
- Cut a papaya into small pieces and blend the pieces in a blender. To this, add the rice flour and mix well.
- Apply this mixture to your skin. Gently rub in upward circular motions.
- Do this for 15 minutes and then wash off with water.