Dimpled skin is common on the buttocks, thighs and abdomen. This lumpy bumpy appearance is caused by cellulite. It occurs when fat deposits press up against surrounding vertical connective tissues. When this happens, the result is thigh dimples, abdominal and butt cellulite.
Thigh dimples are more common in women than men. While cellulite is not a major health concern, it can leave you self-conscious due to their unsightly appearance. In case you are tired of seeing the dimpling, there are various solutions to the problem. These are as discussed below.
Exercises to Get Rid Of Cellulite on Thighs:
Engaging in exercises can help in building and strengthening thigh muscles. This contributes to an evenly toned skin on the thighs which in turn eliminate the dimples. Some of the thigh toning exercises that can help get rid of thigh dimples are discussed below.
1. Scissors Press:
- Tie an exercise band loosely just above your knees.
- Lie on your back with your arms down at your sides, and extend both legs straight up directly above your hips; your feet should be spread wide enough that the band is taut.
- Slowly open your legs as far as you can.
- Pause when the tension becomes too great to pull any farther, then slowly close back to the starting position.
2. Inner Thigh Squeeze:
- Lie face up with your arms at your sides. Bend your knees slightly, and raise your legs so they form a 90-degree angle with your body. (If this is too difficult, bend your knees more and lift your legs only as high as is comfortable.)
- Place an inflated exercise ball (the kind you use for abdominal crunches) between your knees; your feet should be flexed.
- Slowly squeeze your legs together against the resistance of the ball as hard as you can, making sure to keep your knees bent slightly.
- When the resistance becomes too great to press any farther, hold for 3 seconds. Then slowly open back to the starting position.
3. Resistance Band Alternating Glute Squeeze:
- Hold handles next to hips with elbows bent and place both feet on the band, hip-width apart.
- Lift right foot and press the band back at an angle squeezing your glute.
- Keep leg straight. Release and switch sides.