3. Inching Elbow Plank:
- Begin in an elbow plank position, hands clasped, with your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart.
- Step your left foot towards your hands as you begin to lift your hips up slightly, quickly taking another step in with your right foot, lifting hips a little more.
- Step the left foot in again, lifting your hips higher and then again with the right, so that your hips end lifted high in a pike position.
- Slowly inch back out, reversing the way you walked in, until you return to the starting plank pose.
- That’s one rep. Do up to 3 sets of 5 reps.
- Be seated on a flat bench so that your body is positioned perpendicular to its length. Anchor your body with your bum at all times.
- Grab the back of the bench, drop your torso backwards, and extend your legs forward until your entire body is straight and parallel to the floor.
- Simultaneously pull in your lower abs and crunch your upper abs to form a “V” with your quads and stomach.
- Keep your abs tight, a straight back, and strong posture throughout.
- Repeat for 15-20 reps.
- Once this becomes too easy, increase the difficulty by holding a light weight in between your feet.
5. Reverse Curl with Ball:
- Lie on your back with your arms by your sides.
- Rest your heels and calves about knee-width apart on the ball.
- Tense your abs and, holding the ball between your heels and thighs, raise it off the floor.
- Slowly, return to starting position.