Bingo Wings: The loose musculature and skin on the back of the upper arms, especially apparent in older women raising their arms for some reason, such as to shout “bingo!”
Perhaps you first noticed your ‘wings’ when summer rolled around and you didn’t look quite as fetching as you thought in that sleeveless dress.
Having excess skin or flab on the upper arm isn’t generally dangerous, although carrying excess weight of any kind isn’t healthy.
Some people are under the impression the only way to get rid of them is to have surgery – which is simply untrue. In fact, this muscle, in most cases, responds fairly quickly to resistance exercise. You can have your arms back in tip-top condition and jiggle-free if you persist with these easy exercises and you can do them at home.
Effective Exercises To Reduce Bingo Wings:
1. One-arm overhead tricep extension:
- Sit down on a bench. Position the dumbbell overhead with arm straight up.
- Lower dumbbell behind your neck while keeping your upper arm vertical throughout the exercise. Extend your arm back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired amount of reps, then repeat on the other side.
2. Half moon rotations:
- Stand tall with your feet together with arms at shoulder height and straight out and your palms facing the floor.
- Counting to 20, rotate your arms in forward circles. The circles should be about the size of a watermelon.
- After 20, reverse the circles and again count to 20.
- Without stopping, lift your arms up and down like flapping wings for 20 counts, then forwards and backwards for another 20.
- By now your arms and shoulders should be burning. The last challenge is to hold your arms out still and straight for a final 20 seconds.
- Repeat for at least one additional set.