Leg fat or fat calves as some people call them can be embarrassing when trying to wear shorts or skirts. They can also draw unwanted attention at the swimming pool or beach. You may just want a little bit more definition and toned lower and upper legs or you may be on the verge of having cankles (where your lower legs have accumulated as much fat that your lower calves and ankles appear as one). Either way here are some specific exercises that can take to reduce leg fat.
Subcutaneous fat: Most common in the thighs, and located right beneath the skin.
Intramuscular fat: Fat dispersed within the muscle itself, much like the marbling seen in meat.
Exercises to Reduce Legs Fat:
- Stand with your feet about shoulder width apart.
- Lower yourself as if you are going to sit down on a chair, until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Return to the standing position. Repeat twice, 15 to 20 times.
2. Wide Squat With Calf Raise:
- Stand with your feet about three to four feet apart, toes turned out.
- Bring your hands together in front of your chest, and squat down so your thighs are parallel with the floor, knees over the ankles.
- Raise your left heel off the floor, and begin to pulse the hips up and down, isolating the left calf.
- Continue pulsing for 30 seconds, and then switch sides to complete this exercise.
3. Calf Raise:
- Stand tall with feet hip-width apart, bracing a park bench or tree for balance if required.
- Keeping core taut, raise body until standing on the tips of your toes.
- Squeeze calves at the top of movement to optimize.