Have all your selfies sprouted second chins lately? Thankfully, neck and chin toning can be achieved without surgery — all it takes is adding a few targeted exercises to your workout.
Over time, skin loses collagen and elasticity, causing it to sag around the neck and chin, a process that begins around age 20, according to Dr. Suzan Obagi, associate professor of dermatology at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
Factors like sun exposure, smoking and poor diet can intensify the process. Two main muscles — the sternocleidomastoid and platysma — make up your neck, and toning them can help pull the overlaying skin tighter for a younger, healthier look.
To achieve results, try the exercises from personal trainer Mike Donavanik that are designed to help return your chin neck to its former glory.
Tips to Reduce Chin Neck Fat:
Following these simple tips along with the above-mentioned exercises can help in reducing flab from your face.
- Keep yourself hydrated. A bloated face might be a result of dehydration.
- Plan a diet low in fat and sugar and high in fruits and vegetables.
- Don’t forget to eat breakfast to boost up your metabolism for weight loss.
- Say no to alcohol and smoking.
- Keep yourself active and perform 30 minutes of physical activity on a daily basis.
- Don’t compromise on your eight hours of restful sleep.
Simple Exercises to lose Chin Neck Fat:
1. The Chin Lift:
How to do it:
- Stand or sit with your spine erect.
- Tilt your head back until you are looking toward the ceiling.
- Pucker your lips tightly, as if you wanted to kiss the ceiling.
2. Jaw Release:
Get attractive, strong cheekbones and a prominent jaw line with the jaw release exercise, which is one of the most effective facial exercises for double chin reduction. It helps in stretching and working the muscles around the lips, jaws and cheeks.
How to do it:
- Start by sitting or standing in a straight posture and moving your jaw as if you are chewing while keeping your lips closed.
- Breathe in deeply and breathe out while humming. Next, open your mouth wide with your tongue pressed against your bottom teeth.
- Hold this posture for 5 seconds, now breath in and out again.
- This makes one repetition. Repeat this entire exercise 10 to 15 times at a stretch.