Prolonged exposure to bright sunlight or polluted air, aging or hormonal fluctuations may cause patchy skin darkening, making your skin look unhealthy.
Dark skin around the neck is not really something anyone wants to get. This dark skin is noticeable by showing up as too much pigmentation in the skin along the folds of the neck and the creases in their body. The hyper pigmentation is caused by an increase in the level of melanin in the skin cells, deposition of dead skin cells on these regions, frequent shaving, friction caused by fitting clothes, exposure to the sun for long periods, environmental pollutants, chemicals in cosmetics or skin care products.
Usually, the only symptom will be dark, thick and velvety patches of skin in the neck. In rare cases, mild itching is seen in the affected areas. Patches of skin will change the color slowly taking months and years to spread. There are many home remedies available to reduce the discoloration of the skin around the neck and to get back to the normal colored skin.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. baking soda
Get Rid of Dark Neck With This Home Remedy:
- Mix all listed ingredients in a plastic bowl, until it becomes a smooth cream.
- Then apply on the skin area where you have dark patches, leave it for about 20 minutes and remove with plenty of cold water.
- Another technique, for removing stains which are almost black is by using white clay, milk and lemon.
- Put the white clay into a bowl and mix it with milk and lemon, apply on the affected area and leave it for about 15 minutes, then wash it with cold water.
- Perform the chosen treatment 3 times a week, until the stains disappears.
- Avoid sun exposure without using appropriate cream with UV protection during this treatment.
- Drink plenty of water and eat foods rich in vitamin E.