Application Tips for Hair:
Follow instructions carefully, as you don’t want to over-apply and then find it’s too hard to wash out.
- Pour a few drops in your hand and work it through your scalp.
- Ensure every part of the scalp is reached.
- Don’t over do it, keep in mind that what you rub on must wash off with shampoo.
- When scalp is covered, push excess oil to ends of hair.
- Set a timer for 20 minutes.
- You may wish to use paper towels to blot out excess oil first.
- Shampoo your hair.
- Re-shampoo again if there is still oil on your scalp and hair.
- Make note to adjust amounts if you have applied too much and it’s difficult to shampoo out.
- Towel dry hair and let air dry.
- You should begin to see an improvement in your hair : It’s already silkier and shinier.
- In the first few weeks use it at least 3 or 4 times a week.
- Once you experience results, switch your treatments to once a week.
- You can take a break in the summer time.
How Long Does Castor Oil Take to Work?
Castor oil is not a quick hair fix, due to the time required to naturally grow the hair. It can take time for your hair follicles to improve and increase hair growth. Generally, most people grow a quarter to a half inch length of hair each month. Hair growth can be faster in the winter, then go slowly in the hotter months.
In the first week of use you will see your hair be shinier, silkier, and manageable.
Stick with your castor oil hair care routine. Apply a few times a week in the beginning. You should begin to see results in one month’s time, and significant results by the end of the season. At this point you can switch your treatments to once a week.
Stick with your castor oil hair treatments as the oil can continue providing additional benefits such as reducing scalp acne, preventing fungal infections such as dandruff, and keeping the scalp and hair moisturized.
Other Benefits of Castor Oil:
Castor oil can be used for many other health and beauty benefits. Since you already have your bottle of oil purchased, you might as well make full use of its properties.
Castor oil is beneficial for eyelash growth. You can purchase clean mascara wands and use one to apply the oil to your lashes on a nightly basis. It may also be used to treat warts and fungal infections. It can be used as a natural laxative to counteract constipation. Castor oil may also be used to lubricate dry, chapped skin on elbows, knees, and feet. Castor oil also has healing, anti-inflammatory, and anti-pain properties.
Castor oil is an effective and beneficial hair care treatment to make hair grow thicker, longer, and faster. While there may be at least three different castor oil choices, they all contain similar beneficial properties to your hair. Don’t spend too much time painstakingly making your castor oil choices, you really can’t go wrong with any one.
Regular application of castor oil will make your hair look its best, and it’s also affordable, and not too difficult to find if purchased online. Begin your castor oil beauty regimen today, and you’ll have great looking hair in time for summer.