3. Seated calf raises:
- Sit in a chair with your legs bent at a 90-degree angle, feet flat on the floor.
- Place a dumbbell in each hand (10 pounds or heavier; remember, your calves are strong enough to move your entire body’s weight around all day) and hold one on top of each knee.
- Slowly squeeze your calf muscles as you raise up onto the balls of your feet (avoid bouncing up and down). Pause and slowly lower back down, without resting.
- Repeat 15 or more times.
4. Skater Jump:
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, arms by sides.
- Hop to right, landing on right foot while sweeping left foot diagonally behind right leg and swinging left arm across body and right arm behind back.
- Jump to left, switching legs and arms to complete 1 rep.
- Repeat for 1 minute.
5. Sumo Squat with Calf Raise:
- Stand with your feet wider than hip-width apart, toes slightly turned out, hands on your hips.
- Bend your knees over your toes and lower your body into a squat.
- Hold this position and lift your heels up (without raising your hips) and then press them back down.
- Return back to the start. Do 10 reps.
- Shake legs and stretch.