How to Get Rid of Loose Skin after Weight Loss – You must be wondering what is wrong after working for weeks and months to lose weight only to end up with loose, ugly skin. Some call it a weight loss loose skin myth, but we can assure you that this is no myth.
It is frustrating and extremely discouraging to find out you end up with loose skin after weight loss. Truthfully, the loose skin has the potential to become an embarrassing problem, most especially when you lose body weight rapidly.
The good news is it is possible to tighten your skin without surgery. Do not get discouraged yet about that loose skin. You can still show off that toned, lean and healthy looking body and we are going to show you how.
In this article, we are going to show you how to tighten skin after weight loss naturally.
Best Homemade Skin Tightening Methods:
Below are the best ways you can tighten loose skin. You can prepare these natural remedies from the comfort of your homes. Follow these skin-tightening methods
1. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is the oil gotten from the white part of the coconut. It has become an important ingredient in many kitchens worldwide and can be used to tighten your skin.
It is an extremely powerful antioxidant. Coconut oil can help to remove free radicals that can damage the skin. The oil also moisturizes and hydrates your skin, and can be a good remedy to get rid of loose skin after weight loss.
- Coconut oil
- Begin with a teaspoon of coconut oil
- Massage the coconut oil into your skin for about 5-10 minutes before you go to bed.
- Keep the coconut oil on your body until the next morning.
2. Egg White and Honey Mask
Egg white and honey are remarkable for their numerous health benefits. Now imagine the combination of these two powerful foods. Both these foods can be combined to make a powerful mask that can get rid of loose skin after weight loss.
Egg white is known to be rich in protein albumin. This protein albumin works to rebuild skin cells and improves the elasticity of your skin. It also gives a natural glow to your skin. Honey, on the other hand, is a very powerful antioxidant. It removes the toxins that occupy your skin. Combine the foods and you have a powerful mask to tighten your skin.
- Egg white
- Remove 1 egg white from the yolk
- Mix it with about 2 tablespoons of honey
- Apply this mask to your face, chest or any of the affected areas
- Leave the mask on for about 15 minutes and then wash off with warm water
- Pat dry thereafter
- Use this mask once a week for optimum result.
Olive oil has long been around for centuries and used as a moisturizer, cleanser and an antibacterial agent. It helps to protect the skin from the rays of the sun and gives it a radiant glow.
The oil is a powerful antioxidant and has a substantial healthy number of vitamin E. This vitamin E helps to get rid of loose skin after weight loss.
- Olive Oil
- Take a shower in the evening
- Thereafter, massage the olive oil into your chest, face and other affected areas
- Continue to massage for a few minute for the oil to penetrate your skin
- Alternatively, you can use olive oil daily instead of your body lotion.
4. Coffee Scrub
Coffee has been popular for decades as a morning beverage that helps to kick-start your day. However, this wonderful beverage is also used at night to tighten your skin and make your skin younger.
Coffee contains numerous health benefits; notable among them is the antioxidants that make your skin younger and tighten the skin. Combine coffee with other substances and use it as a scrub to get rid of loose skin after weight loss and remove stubborn fat deposits.
- ¼ cup coffee grounds
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Slightly heat the coconut oil to make it liquid
- Then mix all the ingredients together
- Use your fingers and apply this mixture to scrub the affected areas for about 3 minutes
- Thereafter, use warm water to rinse the mixture
- Use the scrub once a week
5. Witch Hazel
The witch hazel is a plant with numerous health benefits. Notable among them is the ability to tighten loose skin. You can easily buy witch hazel online.
The plant is popular as an astringent as it works to tighten the skin and shrink pores. It also reduces the breakdown of elastin and collagen in your skin.
- Witch Hazel
- Cotton ball
- Soak a cotton ball with witch hazel
- Apply it to the affected area at night before you go to bed
- Allow it on for about 5 minutes and let it dry
- Ensure you do not rinse your skin.
Your skin will be tighten after using the above home remedies for 2 weeks. Don’t confuse…Just use any 2 remedies is enough to get good result.