3. Dumbbell Rows:
How to do:
Place one of your knees on a study bench or similar object and hold your dumbbell in the opposite hand.
Keeping your back as level as possible, pull the dumbbell to your armpit in a straight rowing motion.
Slowly lower the weight back down but don’t fully lock your arm out.
Once you have completed a set of 8-12, switch to the other arm and knee and repeat.
4. Bent-Over Row:
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, back straight, and knees slightly bent for support.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand. Keeping your back straight, bend 90 degrees from the waist and allow your arms to hang down toward the floor, palms facing your legs.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together, and bend your elbows, raising the dumbbells up to either side of your torso.
- Hold, then slowly lower back to the starting position.
5. Lateral Pull-Down with Band:
- Sit on the edge of a chair with your feet flat on the floor and wide apart.
- Wrap the ends of an exercise band around each hand, and hold it overhead.
- Position your left arm straight toward the ceiling (this is the anchor hand), and drop your right hand out to the side about 45 degrees.
- Both elbows should be slightly bent, and the band should be taut.
- Keeping your left arm stable, contract your back muscles and pull your right arm down until your right hand is in line with your chest.
- Pause, then return to the starting position. Perform a full set, then switch sides.